From whence goes Iderath
• A pink- grey worm that looks something like a ringed slug, seeker worms can be trained to find just about anything
• For 1 page it must be fed white birch bark, then one page of what it is you want found. For instance, gold, pixie stones, a person (you must feed them flesh/hair/nails etc…) from the person.
• The seeker worm can be released and then followed. If the goal is within 1000 yards, the worm will crawl towards it. To travel ½ mile will take about 4 hours, and the worm will take the most direct route, chewing through wood, leather, even soft stone.
• When “seeking” they must be handled carefully. If they are grasped in a hand, they will try to chew through it.
• If the target is not within 1000 yards, it crawls in slow circles.
• They are often used in mines. They are released, and they will always head to the nearest source, unless there is another source considerable bigger. (about twice as big if in 1000 feet, or 8 times as big at 2000 feet.) But since they cannot chew through the hard stone, then they will dig where the worm concentrates, then release it again.
• A well cared for seeker worm will normally live a year, but there are cases of seekers (that are never retrained) living a whole quarter.
• They can be “reprogrammed” by feeding them the birch bark again.