From whence goes Iderath
• A block of fungus, legumes and roots, pressed and dried with edible pastes. This 5 pound brick of brown tastes about the same, brown. (Most dwarves have inklings of the paste, but usually do not think about it…crushed mud worm, boiled lichen, and the like)
• Usually broken or chopped into ¼ – ½ pound chunks and boiled in water, or (preferably) dwarven dark beer.
• A dwarf can live half a book (50 days) on a single brick, with beer, or about 4 pages with water. Though bland, dwarves eat it plain or with salt.
• Humans can live about 3-4 pages on it, but will suffer constipation and stomach cramps. If they eat it for more than that, they have a chance of dying of impacted bowels.
• Elves can only live about 10 days before they suffer a similar fate. The vast majority of Elves, and a great deal of humans, would rather go hungry.